Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Activities

Can you believe that it's May??? I'm having a hard time understanding that it is almost time to begin those "end of the year" activities. My district will soon begin our final round of benchmarks and I will be looking for fun and relevant activities to keep my class of first graders entertained while I complete testing.....one child at a time. Don't even get me started on that! Cinco de Mayo will be this Thursday and I have found several activities for our younger students. Sorry, secondary teachers....this post is for elementary! All of these activities are for use on your IWB or computer work station. Enjoy!

Great PowerPoint activities and links to printables and games for your class!








Cute game for younger students. This is a Memory Matching game spoken in Spanish. As you match the tokens, the pinata fills and lowers to the ground. Successful rounds cause the pinata to burst and spill the candy. This game is hosted on the Scholastic site.







Hosted by TheKidzPage, this site has several games for younger students. There are also printable activities such as coloring sheets and puzzles. Watch this site though, there are several ads on the page. Teachers may need to assist students in navigating around this page.

Also...."ask and ye shall receive"! I have 10 followers! Wow! Thank you so much! I hope to build this blog into a site where you can always expect to find great ideas for integrating technology into your classroom. Please feel free to leave comments and let me know what you need for your classroom. I'll do my best!

1 comment: